• The voting period is October 23 – November 9, 2018.
• Only independent architectural lighting designers or light artists are eligible to vote (no members of the public and no suppliers of any sort including manufacturers or distributors who provide a lighting design service).
• Go through all the entries on this website to make your choices. Once you have decided on your favourite entry from each category then go to our awards voting platform
to register and cast your votes.
• You get one vote per category – you simply choose your favourite. There’s 12 categories so that’s 12 votes in total. You must vote in every category for your votes to count.
• You can view the entries in full by clicking on the picture or title of the entry.
• In order to be eligible for a free ticket to darc night, the darc awards event, you must vote in every category (your free ticket is non-transferrable).
• You cannot vote for yourself (we will find out and you will be disqualified if you try).
• When registering to vote on the awards voting platform
you must use your company’s email address so we can verify your eligibility. If you only have a non-company email address (eg, googlemail.com
etc) we will contact you to verify your eligibility. If you do not respond or you cannot provide proof that you are an independent lighting designer or light artist your votes will not be counted. No generic email addresses (eg, info@, mail@ etc) will be eligible.
Please be honest and give this process the time the entrants deserve!
Remember, this is a lighting design awards, not an architecture awards. Just because it’s a great building, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s got great lighting.
This is about promoting good lighting design through a democratic process.
Please participate responsibly.